The sports industry is evolving. Brands are now forced to make a choice when they sponsor an event or an organisation, and that choice is one of purpose.
We no longer live in a world where it is socially or morally acceptable to make sponsorship decisions based on vanity and self indulgence. Consumers want to relate to the brands that their team is associated with.
We live in a society where 87% of consumers purchase a product because the seller advocates an issue that the consumers care about.
There has been a drastic rise in the number of sports properties fighting for a particular cause, whether that be sustainability or racial diversity amongst other causes. Brands have flocked towards these sports to align themselves with this messaging. Agencies are beginning to follow, but no single agency
specialises in this field.
In July 2020, 72% of consumers across 20 countries agreed that companies behaving sustainably was more important to them because of COVID-19*. COVID-19 has reminded us of the fragile environment we live in, and the human impact on the planet (Global Web Index 2021).
• Sustainable businesses and sponsorships consider a wide array of environmental, economic and social factors when making decisions.
• Placing sustainability at the heart of your sponsorship will improve appeal to the masses
• Sustainability plays a huge part in the value proposition to consumers
• Young people don’t just look at your organization as a business or sports federation. They ask a fundamental question: ‘Do you look at the world I live in?’ They want purpose.
• 75% of fans are interested in socially aware brands
We adapt to our partner needs to deliver the desired results